Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The one that tried to eat us!


I didn't see this sucker until Rhonda was pulling Liam ahead of me in the wagon and got to this point. I grabbed her arm and said, "another gator, slow down" This one ended up turning around and facing us on the path with his mouth open. We walked so slowly and quietly, but it was already irritated by us it jumped, turned, went into the water turning around to face us again. We screamed and ran as fast as we could. It happened so quick that if it came for us rather then the water we would not have been able to outrun it. I have never seen a gator move that quick in person, very scary stuff! Needless to say we ended our gator-hunt and headed for the playground to wait on the older boys. My heart was pounding for at least an hour after that. Unfortunately we had to pass all the gators again to get back, we were a little freaked out!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: